These Baked Tomatoes
Are Easy and Quick
Here’s a recipe you haven’t seen before. These stuffed baked tomatoes are a great appetizer or side dish. The best part is, they’re easy to make. Make sure your tomatoes are not too ripe. This recipe serves two.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Here’s what you do:
- Take that fancy melon baller that you thought you’d never use and hollow out the tomatoes, putting the tomato pulp in a mixing bowl. If you don’t have a fancy melon baller, use a spoon.
- Mix in the cheeses, saving enough mozzarella to sprinkle over the top.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the mixture in the tomatoes.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the bread crumbs and remaining mozzarella on top.
- Broil until the cheese is golden brown.