These Stuffed Jalapenos
Are Hot (& Healthy)
This recipe is for the spicy food lover! It’s also a fairly easy one to do.
Here’s what you need:
- 6 medium to large fresh jalapeno peppers
- 3 pieces of reduced calorie string cheese
- olive oil
- ranch dressing
Here’s what you do:
- Cut off the stem end of the jalapenos and hollow out the ribs and seeds. The heat is in the seeds, so the more seeds you leave in, the hotter they are going to be.
- Rub olive oil on the outside of the peppers and roast them on a cookie sheet at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes, turning them about every 10 minutes. The skin should be dark green to black and the peppers themselves should be pliable.
- Stuff with the cheese, filling the pepper entirely, but not letting any stick out beyond the opening.
- Put back in the oven until the cheese melts and starts to ooze out — probably 6 to 8 minutes.
- Serve with ranch dressing.